Extensive Travel Proves Obama Was Laziest President in History
A. THE SOURCE
1. Don’t waste your time here.
B. THE TEASE
2. If Freedom Daily can name one media outlet that declared Barack Obama to be “the greatest president ever,” we’ll wear Donald Trump’s Chinese sweatshop ties for the rest of the year.
3. The “new report” is a press release by Judicial Watch, a conservative advocacy group, alleging that travel expenses incurred by President Obama and the First Family totaled approximately $100 million during Obama’s two terms in office. Is that an unreasonable amount for eight years, given the considerable logistical and security demands of a modern, internationalist presidency? Who knows? The press release fails to provide any context whatsoever.
4. It’s always fun to watch the media choke on their lies — especially the fake news purveyors at CNN and the Failing New York Times. Someone get Glenn Thrush a glass of water.
5. Yes, truly brutal. How will Obama ever be able to defend his legacy in the face of this meaningless, inconsequential story that won’t be credited by anyone who doesn’t hate him already? We’re sure he’s nervously ruminating about that while kite surfing with Richard Branson in the British Virgin Islands.
C. THE IMAGE
6. Barack Obama, in a photo intended to make him look extra lazy, superimposed against a background intended to make him look extra black.
D. THE HEADLINE
7. By “official,” Freedom Daily means “made up.”
8. The only part that’s true — Obama was named in the Judicial Watch press release about presidential travel expenses — which actually makes this one of Freedom Daily’s most accurate posts of all time.
9. Judicial Watch did not name Obama “the laziest president in American history.” It did not call Obama “lazy,” or even use the word “lazy” at all. It simply criticized Obama for imposing what it deemed “unnecessary” vacation and political travel costs on U.S. taxpayers.
E. THE NUDGE
10. Freedom Daily’s readers aren’t likely to hear about how good a job Obama did for America, because the only people they listen to are those who agree with them that Obama was terrible.
11. The linked article, from another conservative site called “Yes I’m Right” but probably written by an enterprising teenager in Macedonia, actually says “show them shit post,” which is either an amusing typo, or a rare moment of candor. The article proceeds to list several of Obama’s most egregious offenses, including driving a “racial wedge” between Americans, “spiting and shunning our greatest allies,” and promoting “pro-radical Islamic ideologies.” It then adds, based on the Judicial Watch press release, that Obama “took the most vacations and spent the most money that any president ever has.” However, Judicial Watch did not compare Obama’s travel expenses to those of other presidents and made no assertion that Obama vacationed more or spent more than his predecessors. Freedom Daily could have dug up these facts itself and written its own article about Obama’s purported laziness, but evidently that would have been too much work.
Pandering 9/10 • Idiocy 8/10
Banality 7/10 • Vileness 7/10