Obama Surrenders U.S. Sovereignty to United Nations
A. THE SOURCE
1. Don’t waste your time here.
B. THE TEASE
2. President Obama’s remarks were perfectly clear; but just to be on the safe side, Freedom Daily paraphrased them to imply something totally different.
3. Conservatives are really mad about how cowardly, foreign-born, un-American Muslim terrorist sympathizer Barack Hussein Obama is trying to undermine and delegitimize the impending presidency of Donald Trump.
4. By “just said,” Freedom Daily means, “said almost four months ago.”
C. THE IMAGE
5. President Obama addressing the United Nations on September 20, 2016. He looks as if he’s been suddenly silenced by a haunting premonition that something terrible is going to happen in a few weeks that will destroy all his achievements … but what?
6. American flag pin that Obama had to relinquish to our new U.N. overlords before he left the building.
7. News network that conservative editors hate until they need a good screen grab.
D. THE HEADLINE
8. The United Nations surely would have appreciated such a gracious offer; however, President Obama actually said as follows: “We can only realize the promise of this institution’s founding — to replace the ravages of war with cooperation — if powerful nations like my own accept constraints. Sometimes I’m criticized in my own country for professing a belief in international norms and multilateral institutions. But I am convinced that in the long run, giving up some freedom of action — not giving up our ability to protect ourselves or pursue our core interests, but binding ourselves to international rules over the long term — enhances our security.” Notably absent are the words “submit” and “world government” — but other than that, Freedom Daily’s headline is right on the money.
E. THE NUDGE
9. Freedom Daily couldn’t throw together a hyper-reactionary hit piece attacking the Obama Administration for refusing to block the recent United Nations resolution condemning Israel fast enough, so it looked for something else relating to the U.N. in its bulging Black Helicopter file and came up with this dated story from another right-wing media site about Obama’s otherwise forgettable speech before the General Assembly last fall. But if you click on the link, you’ll be treated to an exciting pop-up ad for a “controversial military flashlight now available to the public” and an urgent message that you need to update your Windows drivers. Take that, Illuminati!
Pandering 8/10 • Idiocy 6/10
Banality 5/10 • Vileness 5/10